Tips for Designing the Perfect Deck
- Make sure you know your local ordinances: Before you even begin your project acquaint yourself with local building ordinances. They may restrict the size, materials, composition and other factors related to the design of your deck.
- Decide your budget in advance: The size of your budget helps to determine the design, size and materials that will be used in building your deck.
- Decide on how much space you have: Take meticulous measurements (or let us do this) in order to determine how much space you have to work with. Space will determine the type of deck that we can design for you and ultimately construct.
- Determine your needs: What will you use your deck for? Will it primarily be used for entertainment or for decoration? Lifestyle determines greatly how a deck will be designed or how our existing designs can be customized to fit your needs.
- What components will you wish to add: Will you wish to add a fireplace or fire pit to your deck? Will you wish to add extra seating, surround sound, mood lighting, a Jacuzzi or hot tub to your deck for holding large get-togethers? The answer to these questions will help in determining how our designs will suit your lifestyle.
Ultimately, designing a deck takes almost as much thought as actually building one does. In fact, it has been our experience that the design phase of deck building may take more thought than the actual construction. After all, once the plans have been finalized and agreed to all that is left is the actual building of the deck. Our company can save you a lot of time if you prefer to merely consult with us as we show you some of our most popular designs. We even provide deck repair in NJ for those who are looking to refurbish and strengthen their existing deck.