- Make plans, Get bids: Make a list of contractors you are seriously considering and present them with a blueprint of what you want in a deck. A good contractor will be able to help you focus your ideas and give you concrete estimates on the costs of materials, labor and other expenses. Remember, you don’t have to be a designer yourself to present a contractor with a basic idea of what you desire in an outdoor deck.
- Check credentials and examples of their work: A good contractor knows that the best way to attract new customers is by showing his/her work and by letting previous customers speak for him. We have many satisfied customers who recommend us highly.
- Check the contractor’s license and insurance: Make sure that any contractor you use has the proper credentials and insurance in case something goes wrong.
- Don’t always let price be your guide: Even though we all love to save and to get a good deal, you usually get what you pay for. A contractor, who offers you a dirt cheap bid, is probably cutting corners.
- Find a contractor you get along with: Make sure you get along with your contractor and that he/she is easy to reach, personable and can explain to you what he/she is doing every step of the way. This is important whether you are having a new deck built or whether you are having deck repair in NJ.
In the age of the Internet you can find nearly anything you could ever desire at the push of a computer key or click of a mouse. Products and services of all kind await savvy consumers who are patient enough to plow through the various advertisements. This haphazard approach may be good for some products and services. It is not good enough when you are considering making an addition to your home. The place you live is special. That’s why it takes a bit of common sense and hard work to find a contractor you will trust with your most valuable possession – your home. Our custom deck contractors in Cranbury, NJ understand this. We will put the quality of their service and their work up against any contractor in the area. That is why we invite you to use the following criteria when choosing a contractor such as those who work for Decks by Ziec.