Why You Should Consider Adding a Screen Porch or Sunroom
Every year – or perhaps more than yearly – you wrestle with the decision about whether or not to add a sunroom or screen porch to your home; maybe you even peruse Google for deck contractors in NJ, just to see what’s out there. You mull the decision over as you see other neighbors who have jumped right in and decided to make this addition to their homes. Perhaps, you only thought of the move in terms of being an expenditure of time and money and didn’t realize the benefits of owning an extra room. Perhaps you couldn’t find people you trusted enough with the job of making this transformation to your most sacred of possessions – your home.
Whatever the reason you’ve hesitated is, it’s time to again to consider the advantages of adding a screen porch or sunroom to your home…
- They add value your home: Let’s address the first reason many people probably vacillate about whether or not to add an extra room – cost. Sunrooms actually increase the value of homes. If your home is on the market, or if you want a relatively cost efficient way to increase the value of your home what better way is there than to add a sun room?
- Energy Efficiency: A properly constructed sunroom can help you reduce heating cost by capturing the sun’s rays to both light and heat your home. The savings is significant over regular room additions.
- Enjoy the outdoors all year round: While your neighbors without sunrooms are hibernating in their homes during the winter months, you will be able to relax in a sunny, beautiful enclosure all year long. During summer you’ll be able to spend warm, bug free days and nights on your screen porch.
- Quality time with friends and neighbors: Screen porches and sunrooms are an ideal place for gatherings with friends, neighbors and family in a safe, idyllic environment. Entertain others and give your children a safe place to play all year round.
- Health: According to multiple scientific studies, the sun has innumerable health benefits. Among these are that it can help alleviate depression, enhance the immune system, combat seasonal affective disorder and much more. A sunroom or screen porch gives you access to these benefits all year round.