- Portable heating mats: These mats are a portable solution to snow and ice buildup in practically any situation. Portable heating mats are designed for walkways, stairs, mats and rugs. They create a snow-free pathway for you to enter your deck, ascend and descend its stairs, etc. Finally, these mats spare you from having to shovel up these surfaces after a snowfall.
- Fire pits: A fire pit can extend your ability to entertain outdoors by months. Moreover, it can serve as a focal point for guests as they enjoy themselves on your deck. The best thing is that they vary in price from a small chiminea to a more elaborate pit. Finally, with this option you may need to check local laws and codes before installation.
- Hot tubs and spas: Imagine being able to sit back and relax inside a warm pool of water in the midst of a frigid winter morning, afternoon or night. A hot tub can not only warm you up, it can also be quite therapeutic. If you wish, you can even add the heated mat option so that you are able to exit and enter your pool in comfort.
- Heated floors: Radiant heating is more often associated with interior spaces. However, it is increasing being used with outdoor surfaces as well. Systems can be installed to warm up your deck and prevent cumbersome to remove snow from forming.
- Patio heaters: Outdoor heaters fueled with propane can warm up smaller areas quite nicely. Using care so as to not leave them unattended or block the front of them, outdoor heaters are affordable and come in a variety of sizes and heating capabilities.
So, you’re the owner of an outdoor deck who isn’t quite ready to retreat to the indoors for the winter. Well, you’re not alone. We receive many calls seeking the best snow melting and deck warming solutions for many types of decks. Many owners desire to still have the option of hosting outdoor get-togethers despite the definite chill in the air. If you are one of those brave souls, we would like to present some ways you can do this without freezing to death.