- Set the date and create a plan: The first thing you will need to do is to set a time and date for your summer soiree. You will need to know who to invite, whether or not children will be invited and whether or not you will be using a theme.
- Send out invitations: Next you will want to send your invites out a least a week in advance so that you will know how much food to buy, how much furniture you will need etc. You will also need to send invitations early since many people go on vacation during the summer.
- Make sure your deck is in good shape: You will want to be sure that your deck in good shape and can support the amount of guests and decorations you plan to have there. We are deck contractors in NJ who can inspect your current deck as well as build you a new one.
- Choose proper lighting: If you plan to have an evening party then this is essential. Otherwise, the light of the sun should be sufficient. Lights not only allow your guests to move around safely, they can also help create atmosphere for your party.
- Over-buy to prevent shortage: It is a far worse crime to have too much food than too little. Therefore, always buy a bit more food than you think might be necessary. After all, you can always either keep and freeze leftovers or send guests home with doggy bags.
- Don’t forget the tunes: Make sure that you have plenty of music to entertain your guests. When selecting what music to play try to go for music that everyone will know. If your crowds veers towards younger people you might wish to make a top 40 playlist. If your guests are a bit older you may wish to go with the classics such as Rolling Stones, the Beatles, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, etc.
One of the best things about owning a deck is that they are great places to entertain guests. Whether you are hosting a Little League victory celebration, a graduation, a birthday party or just the start of summer, relaxing with good friends and family under the stars has sitting around indoors beat by a country mile. However the best summer deck parties are those that are planned out in advance. Here are some of our tips for prepping this fabulous and easy party location for clean, summer fun.